Are you looking for a different, better way to live your life on your terms, fulfilling both your unique professional goals and never miss the life moments that matter the most to you? Are you feeling hopeless, and stuck always having to choose one over the other? You are not alone. Hay There Social Media offers aspiring female professionals during any season of their career or motherhood a new, proven recipe for achieving work+life integration, on their terms while abiding by a common sense code of ethics every day. We believe we are our work, because it is a holistic lifestyle upgrade — not just a job .
The Hay There Social Media team is pleased to announce our recognition as a 2021 Torch Award for Ethics Finalist by the Better Business Bureau .
What does this mean exactly? According to the BBB, “A Torch Award” is the most prestigious BBB award presented to exceptional organizations for their dedication to integrity and ethical business practices. The Torch Awards for Ethics embodies the Better Business Bureau mission of advancing trust in the marketplace.”
At Hay There, we believe our code of ethics illustrates the very basic values we strive to abide by to achieve our goals. Our mission is to empower moms during a caregiving crisis by giving them a transferrable skillset.
They say an overnight success is ten years in the making. After 10 years of doing social media marketing as a boutique agency made up of all women, working from home since day one, we recognized there was opportunity to help exponentially more women and businesses.
During the pandemic, we paused, stepped back and developed a complete module-based curriculum that is delivered entirely online. We now have a diverse set of women across the United States, Canada and Korea building their own flexible social media business. We are growing in a scalable way by teaching others how to do what we do; therefore, empowering them to help more businesses struggling with essential social media marketing efforts.
Millions of women are taking action to change their professional destiny. We don’t have to settle for the limited and outdated options of the past, including careers in corporate America. A high percentage of women fail in a traditional corporate environment. This is often because there is no room for their role as caregivers to both support their loved ones economically AND have the time or flexibility to properly care for them personally.
A code of ethics can seem overwhelming, just protocol or impossible to truly attain. We get that, and it is why we untangled the complicated concept by creating a single acronym which reminds us that we are what we do: CREDIT. We encourage praise, accountability, pride and recognition for both performance and good deeds. Everyone deserves credit, to share it, to receive it. So often, mothers do not receive any.
We consider our list of clients and graduates as credits to our company. There are so many messages that resonate and are easily visualized by the use of CREDIT as an easy way to comprehend what we stand for, and work towards every day.
- Citizenship: Protect and respect others, the environment and the quality of your product. We always go the extra-mile. We go farther together.
- Responsibility: Own and be accountable for your behavior, decisions, work, actions and consequences thereof. Everything can be figured out; be responsible for that attitude.
- Equality: Above all else, operate honestly, fairly, openly and with integrity. Approach challenges with a can-do attitude; embrace abundance, reject scarcity.
- Do no harm: To each other, to the brand you are representing.
- Inclusivity: Hay There accepts and celebrates all people, and represents all brands without subjectivity.
- Trust: Fostering the above mentioned norms and values will yield a culture of trust and transparency where relationships can truly blossom in the absence of fear or doubt.
Our business clients are Hay There’s biggest advocates.
“I am so grateful to have found and hired a Hay There Social Media graduate to help with social media marketing for my business. Having someone who understands my voice, who I can trust with my online community is something that I take seriously. Not only does my social media manager create amazing content, she has great ideas to help grow my business. She has become a trusted part of the SBO team. I have already referred several colleagues to Hay There and will continue to do so,” said Laurie Palau, Founder & CEO of Simply B Organized.
We would like to commend the BBB for identifying Hay There as a new trusted voice in the business community. The BBB Serving Eastern Michigan is a non-profit organization with the purpose of promoting an ethical marketplace and creating a community of trustworthy businesses and charities.
We look forward to many more years of empowering female professionals to realize their career goals in partnership with an enduring pillar of ethical excellence in the community!
Want to learn more about the work we do following our award-winning ethical approach? Contact us today!
- Types of Services You Can Deliver as a Social Media Manager
- Authentically professional: How to make friends and not alienate clients
- A Chat GPT Deep Dive for Our Community of Moms
- What Web 3 Can Mean for Social Media Managers
- Proud to Be Social Media Experts as SUBTA Resource Partner
- How Social Media Influences Buying
- 4 Reasons Why Your Business Website Needs a Blog
- The Best & Worst Super Bowl Commercials According to Social Media Moms
- Getting Social with Live in the D on Local 4 NBC Detroit
- Do You “Over-Sharent?:” Social Media, Parenting & Knowing When to Stop Posting About Your Children
- Do your kids mind their social media manners?
- Instagram for Personal and Small Business Use