The COVID pandemic has shifted priorities for working mothers, and as time has gone by, more and more moms have had to rethink their happiness and decide if they really WANT to go back to normal.
Because who wants “normal” if it means going back to the chaos of our pre-pandemic lives?
During the segment, Emily discusses how the work-life balance model is broken and moms don’t want to go back to normal if “normal” means doing it all…again.
She says, “I feel that work-life balance was a struggle before the pandemic. Because, again, it made women in particular feel they had to completely own their work, and completely own their role as a mom, and if they failed at either one on a given day, they had made the wrong choice.”
Emily also tells moms to shift their thinking and be more selective about what they commit to both at work and home.
How We Can Help YOU achieve Work + Life Integration
Work + life integration is what our team seeks to achieve. It means to be intentionally living every moment, integrating every one of your responsibilities and choices into your life — with synergy. It’s a way to design your day – your LIFE – to allow you to be present and fulfilled; NOT overwhelmed and lacking focus both professionally and personally.
Work + life integration puts the ownership on the woman to manage and achieve on her own, and our team is ready to help show you how to do just that by becoming your own boss and a social media manager. Learn more here.
- FREE Webinar: How to Work Flexibly as a Social Media Manager
- Amanda Lynch Featured on Together Digital’s Power Lounge Podcast
- Kimberly Hermann featured on the This Organized Life Podcast by Laurie Palau
- Career Coach Jennifer Swartley on FAIR PLAY and How Moms Can Step Into Their Power
- Hay There Social Media Hosts Mom’s Night Out Screening of FAIR PLAY
- COVID Burnout in Moms: Emily A. Hay Shares Her Story With NBC Detroit
- Emily A. Hay Shares Ways Moms Can Work for Themselves on Little Guide Detroit Live
- Collaboration with Together Digital’s Ask & Give Lounge: Re-Entering the Workforce
- Personality Tests and Excelling at Work: Get Self-Aware in 2021
- Emily A. Hay Featured on Mother Honestly Podcast
- The death of the 9-5 workday: How the pandemic is kicking open the door for flexible work
- Drawing inspiration from The Horseshoe Principle