Calling all bookworms: If you are looking for a new read, books for your children or grandchildren or just something to do, Bookstock – the state’s largest used book and media sale – is open now.
This year’s installment – which runs through April 30, 2017 at Laurel Park Place in Livonia – features more than 200,000 gently used book and media items for sale.
Hay There Social Media is proud to be working on the social media for Bookstock, partnering with WDIV-Local 4 – a media partner for the event. The Hay There team loved meeting so many great local bloggers at a luncheon hosted by WDIV-Local 4 in advance of Bookstock. Being an all-woman team – and all mom team! – the Hay There ladies love raising little bookworms and supporting literacy.
We also love that the books and media items are priced to sell too, so you won’t have any sticker shock. And proceeds from Bookstock benefit literacy and education programs in Detroit and beyond.
If you want to peruse used books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape and other media items, Bookstock is the place to go. There are six special sales too, so mark your calendar:
April 24: Monday Madness
The first 1,000 shoppers will receive giveaways and one will win a $500 Visa gift card.
April 25: Teacher Appreciation Day
Teachers with a valid ID will get 50% off from 3-9 p.m.
April 26: Cookstock
On this day, Bookstock will feature a large selection of cookbooks!
April 27-28: Bookbuster Special Days
Buy three books and get the fourth free from 3-9 p.m. AND spend $25 or more and be entered into a drawing for four tickets to a Red Wings game in the NEW Little Caesars Arena; a piece of the Palace of Auburn Hills floor signed by former Piston Bill Laimbeer or two nights and two rounds of golf at Treetops Resort in Gaylord!
April 30: Half Price
All books and media items will be 50% off!
This is the 15th year of Bookstock. It’s presented by more than 800 volunteers and the Jewish Community Relations Council/AJC and several local non-profits. For more information, visit www.bookstockmi.org or call the Bookstock hotline at 248-645-7840 ext. 365.
Don’t forget to like Bookstock on Facebook, follow Bookstock on Twitter and use the hash tag #bookstockmi on Twitter and Instagram to share in the experience with other bibliophiles.
- Collaboration with We Are Rosie, a Leader in the Flexible Talent Marketplace
- How Social Media Influences Buying
- WAHM Tips To Avoid Summertime Blues
- Register Now: Social Mitten Conference 2016 in Ann Arbor
- WJR 760AM Updates: Facebook “Donate Now”, Instagram Advertising & New Layouts
- Michipreneur Guest Post: 5 Ways to Get Instagram Instantly Working Better for Your Business
- 9 Tips for Small Business Owners to Spring Clean Your Social Media Profiles
- The brand and blogger ecosystem as witnessed at BlogHer 2013
- Why Care About Blogger Outreach?
- What is Facebook Graph Search?
- What Parents Can Learn from Paris Jackson’s Tweets
- Yelp Help and Google Places for Small Businesses